Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Anyone know where I can find a spec sheet for an H-808 horn?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member analog addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2007
    Posts
    521
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone know where I can find a spec sheet for an H-808 h

    Quote Originally Posted by dbale View Post
    Here you go

    Attachment 2213
    Thanks! Except there's only one problem. That's the 511 and 811 horn, so I guess it doesn't help me.
    Appreciate it anyway. You wouldn't happen to have any more of those types of Altec drawings, would you? I'll bet a lot of folks around here would love to see them....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Analog Addict - Jack of all Trades, Master of None
    Searching for Sonic Nirvana...

  2. #2
    HB Super Moderator
    Anyone know where I can find a spec sheet for an H-808 horn?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone know where I can find a spec sheet for an H-808 h

    It's interesting to see the dates on that drawing and revisions... 1952-1958

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone know where I can find a spec sheet for an H-808 h

    At least we now know for sure when the 511, 811 were 'born'.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone know where I can find a spec sheet for an H-808 h

    Patent search?

    Some guidance, here: Lansing-related Patent Parade

    Interesting thread, anyways.
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone know where I can find a spec sheet for an H-808 h

    AFAIK, Wente's patent covers all the multi-cells regardless of the manufacturer until it ran out, though don't know when that was: Patent US1992268 - Acoustic device - Google Patents

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member dbale's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2007
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone know where I can find a spec sheet for an H-808 h

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    At least we now know for sure when the 511, 811 were 'born'.

    GM
    It also shows the death of the tar filled with the revised weights

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.